Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Once you go fat.....

I've noticed something. It seems like you can't be proud of who you are as a plus sized woman, yet still want to lose weight. People act like you're abandoning the cause of 'fat acceptance' if you decide that you do indeed have too much booty in said pants. I hear a lot of 'you must not love yourself then' because I want to lose some poundage. What people fail to realize is that for me, it's not about wanting to be slim and trim. I want to run. I want to dance like I used to (I grew up breakin it down on some MC Hammer type ish lol).  I want to build muscles....I want that line down my calf when I flex my foot again. Basically I want to be in the best shape of my life and the side effect of getting there is in fact weight loss.


So no, I'm not leaving the 'cause'....I'm not a self loathing person that's just conforming to society's standards. I still support and always will support everyone's right to be treated with respect and dignity regardless of size, gender, etc., but more importantly, I respect MY right to be who I want to be. Im not going to start bashing overweight people when I get to the point where I am no longer one myself. What I will do is try my best to help someone out that may be thinking about doing the same. It doesn't make you less of a person because you want to become  healthier, or in my case, stay without any health issues. I dont want to take a million pills every day when I'm old. I don't want to get every joint in my body replaced. I want to travel the world and take sunrise runs on the beach (ok, maybe I'm tryna get my groove back with that one but you understand)...I want to LIVE my life, not just spend it 'alive'. And I know for a fact my weight keeps me from doing some of these things. 


So judge me if you want. Look down on me because I no longer want to play the overweight game....that's quite fine by me. That's your cross to bear, not mine. But please know that if you're looking down on me for wanting to better myself, you may want to think about asking yourself why you're not interested in doing the same. 

4 comments:

  1. LOVE!

    You are such an awesome writer! I hope this isn't my first time telling you that.

    This speaks to so many things - bravery & fear.

    Sharing this everywhere.

    Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen!! That really means a lot to me, especially coming from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to blogger, but I have to say I love what you have written. I'm also trying to loss weight for health reasons, ( to prevent from having any, I don't as of now)but I'm plus size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well and heartfeltly (probably not a word) written. I happened upon your blog through a random twitter retweet, and I'm glad I did. Keep writing, you are talented, inspirational and strong.

    ReplyDelete